Sponsored link

Sponsored Link

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gotohan sa Barangay Goto Laman in Lipa City

Gotohan sa Barangay has been around for more than 30 years. For a business with less foot traffic than places in the Metro, that's really saying a lot. This was earlier attributed to their pet ariwana whose huge aquarium is easily viewable near the cashier. However, the pet is no longer there as the original one was said to have jumped out of the water and died. And so, the incident was rumored to have caused a blow on the business for a period of time. Right now, this is no longer evident as Gotohan sa Barangay has renovated since then - its cemented infrastracture, a sight to behold.
Goto has a special place in every LipeƱo's heart. Mind you, this is not the same as the other version of goto that resembles the chinese congee. Instead, the goto batangas does not contain rice in it as it is cooked a lot like the beef bulalo. But you can definitely eat it with rice. The hot soup garnished with freshly squeezed calamansi really makes my day especially in the "ber" months. We used to wake up at around 6am take a quick stroll near the foot of the mountain and then fill our empty stomachs in Gotohan sa Barangay. The place would always be crowded filled with familiar faces.
I have not been in this place for quite some time now. So the moment we came in, even with an array of food choices added to the menu, I just had to have my goto laman which I prefer more than the usual goto special. Since I do not use any sauce like most people do with their goto, mine tasted A bit bland than the usual. This is something that I wish they could address. I remember that before, even without the condiments, it was pretty tasty as it is. But if you are used to adding your calamansi, toyo, sibuyas, no worries then, I'm sure you'll be able to tweak the taste to what you wanted.
Eating here brings so much memories that assures me I'd still go back for decades to come.
Price Range: P50 - P70
Verdict: Must try
Landmark: Batelec, Carmel Church

3 comments:

  1. It is not the same goto that we used to eat before, sometimes it is bland or "maango"....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Honestly, I now prefer a different place for goto. But it's still nice to visit Gotohan sa Barangay from time to time since it was where it all started. Well, at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tama, yung sabaw nila parang pinaghugasan lang ng bigas, masama pa ugali ng owner ng place na yan.!

    ReplyDelete